Sunday, June 1, 2008

So far, so good

We returned from a trip to Ohio and were surprised by all the changes that have taken place in the yard over only 5 days. Many new blooms greeted us: the white clematis, more iris, Top Brass Peony, Oriental Poppy, the Dutch iris, and I'm sure others I'm not thinking of just now. The plants in the grow boxes are doing very well, and held up just fine through the torrential rainfall we had one night during our absence. I planted two more boxes this evening, and now have only one more to go. I am carefully considering how I want to use my last box. I've decided to plant beans in the garden instead of in boxes since I want so many. Maybe a trip to the garden center is in order for some ideas. I still have some tomatoes left if I can't think of anything else. All that is left under the lights are some small basil plants I started late, and some Jacob's coat amaranth seedlings. It feels good to have most of the seed starts planted.

No comments: